Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Groups you haven't heard of but should check out..

While I was cruising through the great state of Missouri,I had my Ipod on shuffle and came across a song by the Pousette-Dart Band. And that got me thinking about all those bands that noone has ever heard of but should. So here is my list and you are certainly welcome to post yours. See if you have heard of these: all fine bands in my opinion anyway:
Potliquor,
(good luck finding anything on these guys), Amazing Blondel, (their Blondel album in 1974 is still a favorite in my household). Love Sculpture (the Blues Helping CD features some of THE BEST Blues guitar riffs ever), Charlie (No Second Chance is a masterpiece), Danny O'Keefe (who wrote "the Road" for Jackson Browne and did "Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues"), Heartsfield (awesome band from Chicago),John Butcher Axis,Mahavishnu Orchestra, (the first time I heard these guys was at a head shop in Moline Il, I immediately bought "Birds of Fire" and "The InnerMounting Flame"), Rory Gallagher,Darden Smith, Redeye (remember the song "Games")?, good luck finding something on these guys. Tommy Bolin (probably top ten guitar players in my book, there was so much more to this guy than "Post Toastee")
Please feel free to add yours...

4 comments:

RR said...

A KSHE classic fan. Actually the song I heard was "Winterness" in the middle of a hot summer, it sounded real good. Thanks for the additions.

Anonymous said...

Moving forward about 10 years...

"Ladies & Gentlemen, from Downey, California......THE BLASTERS!!!"

Anonymous said...

A great current band that no one seems to know about, Carbon Leaf. . . www.CarbonLeaf.com
Great infusion of Rock, blues, celtic, bluegrass, country, and wonderfully written tunes. From Virginia but they make there way to the midwest often on small tours.

Max said...

Gassoff, Brave Belt became BTO later on in life. Another fine under appreciated Canadian band IMHO.

Randy, Darden Smith is awesome. A buddy of mine who was a big folk and singer-songwriter nut actually turned me on to the guy. I have Midnight Train and an EP that he put out.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking