Thursday, July 28, 2005

J.C. Hall

I lost a friend today...it seems I am at the age where those that I admire and respect as friends, co-workers, peers and fellow members of the Earth are starting to pass. J.C. Hall was a sweet, kind and very cool guy who, to me, was the definition of what an engineer was about. We would trade untitled CDs back and forth and would try to name the various KSHE classics that were on each one. We would talk about a seemingly better time in radio where the formats were more open and talk about where we came from and how we got to where we were. Damn it. I will miss him and I will say a prayer for his family and his family of man. They don't come better than J.C. Dude, it was "Seasons" by Lynryd Skynyrd. I am in mourning and I will miss him greatly. Rock on, J.C. I miss you already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

J.C. was as nice a person as you would ever want to meet. Quiet, unassuming, and always ready to help when asked. I knew he had been sick but I had no idea that he had gotten THAT sick. I really hate to hear that he's gone. Why is it that the evil bastards of the world seem to live forever and the nice guys pass on way too early? I guess God enjoys the company of some people more than others.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know this person, but I think I know why the good die young. Because once we pass, we are in a far better place than here on earth.

I also believe in reincarnation, so please don't be too sad. You will meet up with him again.

Anonymous said...

JC was the best. He loved our business and loved what he did. I worked with him for nearly 3 years in St.Louis and no matter what he was facing, he always was up-beat, cheerful and made the best of it. he understood the programming side of our business and cared deeply how his stations sounded and that the airstaff had all the equipment they needed to perform their jobs to the best of their ability.
I will miss him. He was my friend.
RIP, J.C Hall..

Blog Archive

Web Tracking