Saturday, July 16, 2005

Random Thoughts...

Every once in awhile, I will post stuff just for the sake of posting stuff...feel free to jump in.

The best drink in the world are Long Island Teas..when made well, they are the easiest (and deadliest). I can do about 4, then call me a cab.

Please, please please, quit using great classic rock songs in commercials. I will not buy anything from anyone that takes the easy way out by using a classic rock song as a part of their ad campaign. Kansas should be ashamed for selling "Dust In The Wind" to a car company.

As much as they try to screw it up, baseball is still the greatest game ever. Nothing beats the thrill of seeing Albert Pujos hit a walk off home run in the bottom of the 13th inning. Magical!

I still love mowing my own yard, it takes one hour of the week to do it and the hum of the mower is almost hypnotising. It's when I think of all my plans to take over the world, you can see how successful I've been.

Some underrated, overlooked bands of the seventies would include: The Atlanta Rhythm Section, Climax Blues Band, Wishbone Ash and the best heavy metal band ever: Blue Oyster Cult.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so dead on about rock music being used in commercials. I saw the one with Dust In The Wind and immediately disliked the commercial. Cadillac's use of Led Zepplin just about turns my stomach.

Hey, ARS is definitley one on my list of underated bands of the 70's as well.

rock on,
Max...

Anonymous said...

Yes Randy, You are Blessed by GOD !!!!

Anonymous said...

What About PAVLOV'S DOG ? Deserving Of A Mention?

Blog Archive

Web Tracking