Friday, July 22, 2005

Songs I Will NEVER Tire Of...

Being in the radio business as long as I have, there are a number of songs that I never want to hear again. Then there are those songs I have played a gazillion times and never tire of...

Here is a list of them (I am sure I will add more as I think of them)

"Layla"-Derek and the Dominoes (the best damn love song ever)
"Every Kinda People"-Robert Palmer (.."the fight to make ends meet, is what keeps a man upon his feet"...) what an awesome song
"Reminiscing"-The Little River Band (call me crazy...)
"Hitch A Ride"-Boston (I guarantee I've heard this song more than you...)
"Strawberry Fields Forever"-Beatles (makes me feel like I'm twelve again)
"Good Vibrations"-Beach Boys (ditto)
"God Only Knows"-Beach Boys(their most prolific period)
"Wouldn't It Be Nice"-Beach Boys (see above)
"Into The Mystic"-Van Morrison (will be played at my funeral)
"What's Going On?"-Marvin Gaye (a voice of calm in an angry time)
"South City Midnight Lady"-The Doobie Brothers (sweeeeet)
"Baker Street"-Gerry Rafferty (the story of my life)
"Another Day"-Norton Buffalo (go hunt this one up...another beautiful piece of music)
"When You Took My Heart"-Eddie Money (i always have liked this guy)

How about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, geez, I could go crazy on this one ...

Hey Jude - Beatles
Tulsa Time - Eric Clapton from "Just One Night"
The Weight - The Band - from "The Last Waltz" - version with The Staples - LOVE the gospel flavor it adds
Roll Over Beethoven - ELO - the full, uncut version, please
Let Me Roll It - Paul McCartney - now I think THIS is the best love song ever ...
Old Time Rock & Roll - Bob Seger - from the live album, can't remember the title right now (menopausal you know ... no memory anymore)
Join Together With the Band - The Who
Me & Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin
Summertime - Janis Joplin
The list goes on and on and on ...

Blog Archive

Web Tracking