Saturday, July 23, 2005

WKRP in Cincinnati


Oh, how I loved this show. As close to the business as you could get on national TV.
All of the characters were pretty dead on..from the Big guy,("as God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly").. to Herb Tarlick to Less Nessman.On the exact same night I was in Kansas City spending the night at the airport to interview for the night shift at KY102 in the fall of 1978, Johnny Fever was offered the job in L.A. I made the right choice...he didn't. If I remember right, he got fired for saying "booger" on the radio.
Some guys were "Jennifer Marloe" fans...

But, for me, "Bailey Quarters" did the trick:
James Brolin left this for Barbra Streisand? (dumbass)

I wish this would come out on DVD, but apparently, there is some trouble securing the rights to the great tunes that were promenently heard throughout the show.
Too bad. I still have some grainy shows on VHS that I get out from time to time.
Awesome show.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is a article I received from http://www.tvshowsondvd.com
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3023

MikeinMidMo

Dave Morris said...

I remember the episode when Bailey and Johnny were to have a date and his ex-wife interrupted. Venus was on the air as Bailey waited - and he played Earth Wind & Fire's After The Love Is Gone as she waited in the office. Fade to black.

Great episode. Great show.

RR said...

Very prophetic too. Wasn't there one show where Johnny is dreaming about radio in the future and it's just he and Venus at the transmitter, because the station was completely automated? How true that became...

Anonymous said...

My Favorite episode has to be "Explosive Affair", it's the one where Black Monday calls a bomb threat to the station.
"It was the phone cops, man"

MikeinMidMo

Anonymous said...

My favorite line from that show was in the episode where one of the jocks was caught with cocaine in the studio. The big guy came in and they told him it was foot powder, so he immediately took off his shoes and started putting the coke all over his feet. When he finally was told what it was he exclaimed, "Oh my God, I've got a monkey on my feet!"

Blog Archive

Web Tracking