Friday, August 19, 2005

Just reminiscing...

about stuff like head shops. I don't know if you had these where you were, but for some reason, there were a number of them in the Quad Cities. I think that is why I like incensce so much. It reminds me of high school. Head shops were the place that you could buy all sorts of cool stuff. If you were a stoner, you had all your up to date fancy dancy ways to consume your consumables. I, myself, enjoyed the various weird tunes that were paying in various head shops and the weird records they would sell. I remember getting turned on to guys like Steve Hillage and especially his "Fish Rising" LP. The first time I heard Mahavishnu or Kansas or Gong or BTO was in a head shop. I always enjoyed the "underground" comics like the "Fabulous Furry Freak Bros.","Captain Guts" and others that when my mom found them, she about lost her mind. My two alltime favorites were "The Curiousity Shoppe" in downtown Davenport and one called "The Church" in downtown Moline. Excuse me, while I enjoy this patchouli stick right now.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking