Thursday, August 18, 2005

On the road

So, here I am in Rockford Il. I always used to think Rockford was cool. The perfect family lived there throughout my childhood. It was where my cousins lived (and some still do). I thought they had everything that I didn't growing up. Cool house, cool family. Then, after all this time, you realize that they had as much shit in their life as I did. It was just a different kind of shit. What is a normal family? Do they even exist? I think normal is pretty abnormal. All of us have our scars and our battles and ALL of us have to walk through fields of shit to get to the good stuff. And sometimes after reacjhing the good stuff, more shit happens. They are good people and I enjoy being with them. I don't feel as ulterior around them as I used to. It has been a busy day. I started today in Green Bay and finished it in Rockford. In between was Milwaukee. I got to hear an old buddy of mine on the radio in Milwaukee, that was very cool. He sounded much better than I could ever have been. It's kind of a bummer, but I am proud of him. Milwaukee is a cool city, not just "Chicago's most northern suburb." I had a decent day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Randy,
Please, don't ever call Milwaukee a Chicago suburb. That's almost as bad as calling
St. Louis "Chicago's most southern Suburb" and that's an insult to all of us Chicagoans. GO CUBS!!

Seriously, I hope all is well with the Raley clan.

Later.
JMack

RR said...

JM,
It's always a pleasure.

Anonymous said...

Ya know, Randy, I was just telling some of my staff about the time you guys had a female "actress" naked in the studio. After the interview she wanted to know if anyone wanted to get busy. I can see why a couple of married guys like you and Mike said no, but why Schwabby said no is beyond me. I see Danya is back with Marty. Glad she's back in the biz.
Later,
JMack

Blog Archive

Web Tracking