Thursday, August 25, 2005

Shooting Star

The first time I saw them was the "End of the Decade" Show at Memorial Hall on 12/31/1979. I became a fan very quickly. Billboard Magazine ("freakin Billboard magazine"!!!) said that this was "the best debut by an American Band since Boston" since Boston?? You bet. I talked to Van The other day, Steve Thomas is one of my favorite people, Bill Guffey is...well, Bill Guffey, Mr. Verlin IS the man, Keith Mitchell filled big shoes with the departure of Gary West, and I think that these guys were another band that never got their due. Huge in K.C., St.Louis (it was KWK that played them), Denver, Philadelphia, Chicago and various places around, they were prone to horrible luck when it came to record companies. So,with that in mind, some of my fave SS tunes are:
"Last Chance" epic mofo
"Rainfall"
"Hollywood"-played on WLS in Chicago for pete's sake
"Summer Sun"
"Little by Little"-little known gem
"Bring It On"-one of MY favorites
"Wild In The Streets"-rock and roll the place!!!
You guys rule!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking