Thursday, September 15, 2005

Yummm..

I grew up on a farm. I used to really enjoy a great meal that maybe others might not think would be so hot. Saturday mornings were met with stacks of bacon, sausage, beans,eggs, potatoes and other great edibles. I am not sure I could eat this however, when I lived in Kansas City, I had a house at 74th and Holmes. At 75th and Holmes was a mom and pop restaurant, called appropriately enough..."Joe's". I would walk there every morning with the paper and get two eggs (over easy) with hash browns and toast. Every once in a while I would order the "poorboy", which was a double cheeseburger with a couple of fried eggs(over easy). Yum. With fries to boot and I didn't gain a pound. Ah...those WERE the days.

1 comment:

Max said...

There was also a Joe's at Red Bridge and Blue Ridge that I used to hang at when I lived in KC the summer of 90.

That's the old fashioned kind of breakfast. Hearty, filling, and decadent with todays standards.

Max...

Blog Archive

Web Tracking