Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thanks, John Densmore


Apparently, Cadillac has offered the surviving members of The Doors $15 million for the rights to "Break On Through" to use on a car commercial. Ray Manzerek said...yes, Robbie Krieger said....yes, and John Densmore said....no. God bless ya, John for standing up for something anyway. The advertising company exec said something to the effect that members of my generation don't mind the use of classic rock songs in advertising. That member of the ad company must not be a member of my generation. Bugs the hell out of me. Wow, someone who DOES have principals. Paybacks are a bitch huh Ray and Robbie?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard somewhere that in 1970 Bic wanted to use "Light My Fire" and Jim Morrison flat out refused. At least one member of the group is keeping with his intentions.

I hated it when "Revolution" was used to sell shoes, "Rock & Roll" is used to sell cars, and The Clash was used in a commercial.

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy! Cool site!

I totally agree with John Densmore. When I hear "Break On Through", I remember a time, many years ago when I tried to sort through some of life's mysteries. I had some trouble before I realized that I could Break On Through without artificial means. So when I hear that song, it takes me to a special time of my life. When I hear Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll", I think about a Cadillac commercial.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking