Saturday, November 12, 2005

11/11/05


I wanted to make sure that on this very special day in the Raley household, I posted something about the veterans of this country. Not only the veterans but the sons and daughters who never knew dad. I watched a show on the Vietnam Veterans Wall in Washington this morning and I cried for those whose father never came home. Most were too young, but one gal was eleven and she STILL couldn't talk about it. God bless all in the greatest generation, their sons and daughters and their sons and daughters who are now serving.
Do you ever wonder what might have been? What would have happened if...? I wonder what would have happened if JFK would have never been shot. Would the sixties as we know it existed? Vietnam? Civil Rights?
The same with Bobby. I think he would have killed Nixon in the election. What then? I was 12 when he died, I remember it as if it was yesterday...the names, Sirhan Sirhan, Rafer Johnson...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking