Tuesday, November 08, 2005

November 8 2005

A fine day in central and western Nebraska, although I had to shop at Walmart twice. On the good side though, I had a Swiss Mushroom Runza. Runza's are awesome and I had fries and a soda to go with that. More time on the treadmill. I arrived in North Platte (conveniently located on the South Platte river) a bit early for my appointment so I went across the street to Merrick's Diner. I had a cup of coffee and a slice of blueberry pie. Who was the guy from Twin Peaks that liked pie? Kyle McLaughlanahan or somebody. Anyway, my mind went back to the time my mom managed a diner in downtown Moline, Illinois where I worked my friggin arse off. It reminded me so much of this place right down to the frying of the chicken for the afternoon special. Maybe the best $2.72 I have ever spent. In what other job would I find such bliss? None I know of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you look .. North Platte also has the NORTH Platte River .. its on the north side of town ..

Blog Archive

Web Tracking