Sunday, February 19, 2006

Junior Parent Weekend

Was this weekend at Notre Dame. A very fine celebration and an opportunity to drink alcohol with the kids. My stepson Paul is a junior at Notre Dame, so this was the weekend to go. As usual, when going to South Bend, you can expect any kind of weather. Cold, colder and coldest. Notre Dame is an awesome school. I was never a fan in football (although I did root for Digger Phelps in basketball) but these kids are stuck to each other like glue. A school where faith DOES matter and it is more than just a slogan. On Friday night, the four roomates and their families all met at Rocco's in South Bend for truly some of the best pizza I have ever eaten.
Friday night was also "beer pong" with the roomates and their parents

The local drug store can't keep a supply of solo cups in stock


Paul shows us how its done.


One of the parents gets in the game.


Paul and Mom get tough.


The "Dome" on Saturday.

Saturday was see the kids room day and do some cool orientation stuff...


Five thirty Mass was held at the Joyce Center then dinner...but Saturday night... Paul and Mom hit the floor with zest and fervor.


The Fab Four Sean, Sebastian, Micheal and Paul...ALL great kids.


Mom, Paul and stepdad.

Sunday...breakfast for how many?

I was so blessed when he came into my life and I have watched him grow up. I am so proud of him and his life. I envy where he is now and if I had ONE change in my life it would be the college environment especially in a place like Notre Dame. I am thrilled when I get to see him but somewhat saddened when I have to leave. I know that again, he has taken another step away from us, never to return. it's the way it should be and is, but I still can't help but miss him. I am SO lucky. I have three wonderful kids that will ALL graduate from college. I never, ever even dreamed that would have happened. Thanks, kids for I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking