Sunday, February 26, 2006

Keith, Karan and Max

A very nice surprise last week when I found out my friend from 5th grade(65-66) Keith Freeman and his lovely wife Karan along with their son Max were in the area. A greater surprize was the fact they were going to be close to a town that I was going to be close to at the same time I was going to close to the town that they were going to be close to.(?) So, a meeting in the lovely village of Lasalle-Peru Illinois was on. They were going from the Quad Cities to Chicago. I was on my way from St. Louis to Wausau WI. Keith and I first met on Campbell's Island, East Moline,IL. Now, Campbells Island was NOT the most affluent part of the city. In fact, I would say that growing up there was a bit "challenging". It was a very rough part of town. Keith and I both "escaped", he before high school, me after sixth grade. Keith is a success in Orlando, has a beautiful wife and now, at the ripe old age of 50, has a 6 year old. He is a better man than I.


I remember one time playing football (yes, tackle footall), he hit me so hard, I blew a snot bubble in front of everyone. I.still.remember. Thanks, Keith!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use to live in Bettendorf and were you on the radio there and which one?

Blog Archive

Web Tracking