Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Down Time..

I haven't blogged much lately. I guess I just need the time to rejuice and rejuvenate. My father once said..."The depth of a man is not found in good times, the depth of a man is how he answers bad times and what becomes of those answers". Great advice. I have also been a bit under the weather and think that has finally passed. It has also been "get caught up on the movies I have missed nights".
Monday night was "Walk The Line". This is story I knew all about. In my early years (pre-Beatles), there were three big artists in my household...Hank..Johnny and Bob Dylan. So, as Johnny's carreer unfolded, I knew all about his temptestuosness, his drug addiction and his consuming desire for June Carter Cash. This was an excellent movie. Well acted and carried my attention through the flick. Hard to believe that Resses and Jouquin sang the parts so well. Maybe a hair too long, but great entertainment. Raley's rating B+
Last night was "A History Of Violence". a fine thriller with my man Viggo playing a mild mannered restaurant owner in Indiana trying to deny his past as a mob guy in Jersey. When a kill or be killed incident happens in his reataurant, all of his back demons appear. This is an excellent movie with Maria Bello looking and acting awesome. Raleys rating B+ except for the ending which lowers it to a B. Tonight, it's "Batman Begins" and the new "Wallace and Gromit" movie. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Ken Dillon said...

I agree on both of your reviews...complete with the ending for "Violence,"

On another note, Maria has always looked hot to me, and seeing her get nailed on a set of stairs makes me wish I was a more athletic kind of lover for my girlfriend!

Sheesh!

Blog Archive

Web Tracking