Saturday, March 25, 2006

Random Thoughts

I quit drinking on my 50th birthday (Feb 17). Not a drop since then. No shakes, bad dreams or anything. I may never drink again.

I gave up meat then too. No reason other than I wanted my body to be more pure than it was. I have been jonesing some chicken wings, dreaming about a giant steak at Citizen Kane's but no shakes, though.

I gave up soda, too, but fell off the wagon. Something about a nicely chilled vintage bottle of diet dew. Hey, I'm not perfect, but after drinking the Big Gulp, I'm shaking a bit.

The job front has been interesting. Something came down completely out of the business that I am really attracted to. Do I do work for $$ anymore or just love of the job? We will see.

The end of fireplace season is upon us. We have went through the season's worth of wood just in the last week. There is something about having a fire going while watching basketball.

Good luck to my bud George (the artist now known as Cooper). I am proud of you, my friend. You will be awesome.

I got an email from my sister saying that my nephew is now some secretve CIA/James Bond dude stationed somewhere doing something with somebody somehow. I would tell you the rest but then I would have to kill you.

This "KTRS" thing just kills me. I won't rehash the details, but Dave Linehan...dude, you didn't know you had a seven second delay button? And you are doing middays in a top twenty market? The radio business is in worse shape than I thought. The dumbing down of the industry continues and a once proud radio station falls further into the abyss. Wake me when it's over.

A beautiful saturday in St. Louis just reminds me that I have LOTS of yard work to do.

2 comments:

Ken Dillon said...

Good GOD, man!
I was scared when you mentioned giving up meat, and literally MORTIFIED when you mentioned kicking soda to the curb.

I see the Diet Dew Gods halped you come to your senses. Nothing like it..."Nectar of the Gods," and now it has that new 'tuned up taste.'

Man, I'm parched!

Dave Morris said...

I'm not sure I could give up Citizen Kane's... by far the greatest steak in the city.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking