Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Bit Of A Scam

Back in the day, when I worked at KSHE or The Rock!, I was always trying to find new ways to entertain. I figured, what the heck, if you can get the audience to talk about you, that was good. When we used to go to The Granary, or Pop's or Stages or wherever, there were times I would get together to perpetrate a scam on the crowd. When we used to go to these places, the band would play for 45 minutes or so, then I would get up and give away stuff while the band was on break. You see, before the show, I would go over and chat with the band and see if they would like to have some fun.. Usually, they were cool about it. What we would do was at a certain point during the show, the band would call me up because the guitar player would have a "problem." I would then take a guitar, plug in the cord to nothing and take over the guitar player's place during a song. I have no idea how to play and the audience would not know that the guitar player was standing behind his amp or somewhere where the crowd couldn't see him. It sure looked and sounded like I played. One time, a guy asked how I invented such "weird" chords. One guy just laughed as I walked by and there were times when I would get VERY strange looks from other guiitar players. It was just me being weird. Here I am playing to "Even Flow" in the late '90s. The guy behind me is the band's manager. I wonder what chord that is I'm playing.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking