Monday, April 10, 2006

Brush With Greatness 8

SOFTBALL WITH YES!
This photo was taken in April of 1984. From left in the black jacket is Katey McGuckin (still doing mornings in KC), to her left is Jon Anderson (in the sunglasses), to his left is Alan White (drummer) to his left is Trevor Rabin (guitarist) to his left is me (looks like I was high, doesn't it?). Behind me is Jeff (now JC) Lunceford (does mornings in Topeka), behind him is Jeff's brother, in front of him is Frankie (still does middays at the Fox) in front of her is Skid Roadie (afternoons at the Fox) and next to him, his wife Terri. Behind her is Jon Hart's ex-girlfriend Lynn Dean. (Jon is the red ball of fur behind Trevor Rabin). I have no idea who the other people are. I would guess they are with the band or winners. Yes wanted to play softball with us (they had just discovered the game, apparently), and since I was such a HUGE fan, it worked out. Funny how radio stations don't do that kind of stuff anymore. This was the first and only time I ever hit a softball out of the park. What a blast. I will remember that day always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At first glance I thought this was an Animal House photo! I spotted the Raley immediately.

-Freeman

Blog Archive

Web Tracking