Friday, April 28, 2006

Goodbye, Keith

This was Keith Jackson in 1983. He was probably at the top of his game then. I remember Keith from his days on Wide World of Sports. That was a show I always thought was very good and he was marvelous. He retired yesterday saying something about becoming the shopsteward from the international union of porch sitters or something like that. I think he may have listened to his performance calling the Rose Bowl when he made his decision. When Keith was on, he was brilliant, his words came flowing out of his mouth with a poetry no one could duplicate. When he got older, however, he became unintelligable. I look back on those mostly lazy, chilly Saturday afternoons (usually recovering from a late Friday night) when football was only on once a week on ABC. Keith was the man. At 77, he deserves to be able to do what he wants to do. Good for him. Another voice from my past is gone.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking