Friday, April 14, 2006

What's In The Car CD Player

Were they any better, badder or bigger than this? This CD just gets better with time. I was 15 when this came out and "Brown Sugar" got me. There are two of my other favorite Stones songs on this. "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" and "Bitch". Bobby Keys played a bad ass sax and Ian Stewart laid down some nasty Hammond B3 action. But "The Stones" NEVER topped this, in my opinion.
Other than "Alone Together", this is my favorite Dave Mason CD. I thought he was on top of his game at the time and great harmonies from Graham Nash and David Crosby always made me wonder if Dave could have been BETTER than Stills. His playing is first rate and the songwriting superb. In 1973, THIS was the LP on my turntable most of the time and I still listen today. Nice job, Dave.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking