Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Crap I am thinking about


There is a movement in St. Louis to get Willie McGee's number retired by the Cardinals. The petition is here. As previously explained, I am a huge Cardinal fan, have been since before birth. My mother and father went to a Cardinal game on their honeymoon. So did I. I think it would be absolutely fitting to have Willie's number retired. He was the example of class and humility. When asked about it yesterday on the TV news he said, "well, if it happens that's great, you know my job now is raising my kids, so if it doesn't happen, that's OK, too." Typical Willie. I never saw a guy go from first base to third any faster than Willie. It would be great to see his graceful portrait up on the left field wall. Let's make this happen
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I seem to give old people the benefit of the doubt while driving. I don't nearly get upset with them as I do others for being boneheads on the roads. I guess I figure they have earned it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been doing a great deal of work for an internet Smooth Jazz station. It's run out of the Bonneville "Palace on Ballas". It's been fun to get back into that music again for awhile. You can hear me on www.smoothvox.com

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking