Saturday, May 06, 2006

Hard Times In The Land of Plenty

I just received an email from a friend (an old affiliate) Bill Page. Bill worked in Kennett and Caruthersville, in the bootheel of Missouri. Bill was the type of guy that would spend 12 hour days at his station because he loved the news. When the tornados came through Caruthersville not too long ago, Bill was there, keeping his town informed and making a difference to his community and racking up some awards. For that, he was let go. It gets more difficult as time goes on to sit back and look at all the changes happening seemingly overnight. A number of my friends are now unemployed or underemployed in this crazy radio business. I don't recall a time like this. It's seems to be happening everywhere. I hope some day I am in a position to help guys like Jay, Bill, Katey and the rest. I only wish I could do it now.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking