Saturday, May 27, 2006

Memorial Weekend Post #2 The Frito Principle


Let me explain the Frito Principle. This formula applies to everything in life as I am about to demonstrate. On the first day, they made Fritos and it was good. They were especially tasty when mashed onto a tuna salad sandwich when I was in third grade. I loved Fritos. Then the people who make Fritos decided to make Bar B Q Fritos. This was not good. Then, the people who make Fritos decided to make Texas Honey Sweet fritos, this was not good. Then the people who make Fritos decided to make Cheddar Cheese Fritos and it was not good. Then the people who make Fritos decided to make Chili Cheese Fritos and it was not good. Now, when I go to the store, I can't find the original Fritos on the shelf. That's because there are too many packages of Bar BQ, Chili Cheese...etc. The Frito Principle? Quit fucking with stuff. Once you have something right, don't screw with it. Quit messing with my mellow. This segues into Dr. Pepper...

When I was a kid on the farm, it was a treat to get a frosty Dr. Pepper. We didn't have soda in the house and riding my bike into town on Saturday morning always featured a stop at Norman's Rexall drug to get a fountain Dr. Pepper. Oh the joys of childhood. Recently, I was sucked into a tsunami of advertising blitzes for their new "Berries and Cream" soda. At the store, I picked one up. It tastes like a Dr. Pepper Cream Soda. I like cream sodas, some don't. Will I buy it again? I don't know, I guess it all depends on how much TV I watch. I am thinking though, for one more fountain Dr. Pepper at Norman's before I die.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking