Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Song Rip-Off Update


I was watching the NBA gane last night. I never watch pro basketball until the playoffs, then I love watching the pros. I heard "Magic Bus" for some car company and thought to myself, does Pete Townshend really need all of this money? I used to love Pete and The Who and thought they epitomized what rock and roll was about...loud and not pretentious at all. How wrong I was about Pete. He has sold his soul to the corporate machine. Just about every popular Who song has been stolen for something to do with cars, TV shows, you name it, Pete's sold it.

What the hell does "Oye Como Va" have to do with Honda's? When I interviewed Carlos Santana many years ago, he said "Oye Como Va" was the song that Tito Puente started his "Houseparty" with on Saturday nights broadcasting on the "X" out of Mexico. It is now selling cars. I guess I can't blame Carlos, it's not his song and maybe Tito's family needs the money....

I have cut up my Chase card due to the fact that "All You Need Is Love" is now thier theme song. Outrageous!! Did Micheal do this or was it Paul? If Paul agreed, than he's even more greedy that I previously thought. I about shot my water through my nose when I heard this. I'm seriously steamed that future generations will associate "All You Need Is Love" with a credit card.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking