Sunday, July 23, 2006

Cheap Trick

Man, I haven't been to a concert in a long time, the idea of fighting crowds, drunks, etc. hasn't appealed to me in awhile. The last show I saw was the Moody Blues at Starlight Theatre in KC about three years ago. They were not good.

Last night, my friend from KC came in to see Cheap Trick with me for free as a part of the Live on The Levee series being held on the Riverfront in St.Louis. It was a beautiful night, nice and cool with no humidity. The first time I saw anything that resembled Cheap Trick was in 1974 when what became Cheap Trick played at my high school prom. They are from Rockford Il, and my prom was in East Moline about 2 hours away.

I spent 6 bucks to park and that was it. Great show, fun band. The four original guys are still in theband and Robin Zander still has the voice. Rick Neilsen is still one of the most underrated guitar players on the planet and the rhythm section was their usual excellent self.

They played the hits, but some other stuff that I enjoyed "I Know What I Want" and "Voices" were treats. i wanted to hear "On Top Of The World" and "Everything Works Out If You Let It" but those are pretty obscure.

After, the fireworks were great and it ws treat from the to have the finale set to "Born To Run". Thanks guys, great show. See you next Saturday night for Grand Funk Railroad. How many times can I relive my youth this summer?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking