Monday, July 03, 2006

Taylor Hicks


I admit it, I don't watch American Idol. I think the premise of being made fun of in front of a national TV audience just is not my cup of tea. Paula Abdul sure looks nice though.. but I digress. This guy apparently won it this year and already he's hawking Ford products. What happened to integrity? What has happened to the music business? He doesn't even have a hit song and already he's a shill. Not only that but we have to be subjected to this ad nauseum...over and over. "poss i bil i ties but no in teg rit y." Yuch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All throughout the AI season, the contestants were in Ford commercials, with each week's spot minus the latest victim. (not really a watcher unless you count the sometimes funny auditions and the last fifteen minutes of the finale). The Ford deal was a part of the participation contract, which sucks. At least it wasn't Hyundai...and they did get the song in your head. Gotta love that branding, Randy...

Anonymous said...

This guys is actually a pretty good artist. Give him some time to 'get away' from the idol image a bit. If you wanna listen to some of his 'actual' music, go to this site: http://seriousmelophobia.wordpress.com/ it isnt much on him, but they got a few good mp3's you can download.

Anonymous said...

Give him a chance Bro, I know we never agreed on music our whole life but I think you will like Taylor's music..I think you should watch AI. You are a great judge of music, you could be the next Simon :)
Sis

Blog Archive

Web Tracking