Sunday, July 16, 2006

Three TV Shows That I Watch....


This cat eats some real strange stuff. "No Reservations" has had Anthony Bourdain eat a beating cobra's heart, porcupine, drink hallucenogenic moonshine from Thailand, and finsh off a dead seal in Alaska. I've eaten some weird stuff in my life (squirrel, rabbit, eel), but this guy rocks.

This is one of my favorite shows. He featured a friend of mine last fall. (Mark Hemmer is a ferrier). Over the Independence Day holiday, they featured a "Dirty Jobs" marathon. Next to The Twilight Zone marathon, I was right there. Mike Rowe spends a day doing "dirty jobs" (cleaning out the insideof a cement mixer, working in a charcoal factory, shucking oysters), you name it. He is an excellent host and seems to take it all in stride.


"The Deadliest Catch" On a hot summer's night, this is the show to watch. King Crab fishing with about six different boats. Mike Rowe (again) narrates the successes, toils, troubles and heartbreaks of guys trying to make a living. Sometimes, I wish I was there. Looks like hard but rewarding work.

Three show to watch and enjoy from your buddy Randy

1 comment:

Max said...

Dirty Jobs is fantastic. Mike Rowe is just to hilarous going from Dirty Job to Dirty Job. Some of that stuff almost makes you lose yesterdays lunch but the gross factor keeps you coming for more.

Max...

Blog Archive

Web Tracking