Thursday, August 10, 2006

Movie Review part two


After watching "Crash", I went flipping around the channels on my cable TV and landed on the "logos" channel. Found this movie just starting. Basically the story of a boy growing up in a hardscrapple Irish town whose mother has just died and his dad is a coal miner on strike. his dad send him to boxing lessons but this kid is attracted to the girls doing ballet and the trouble that ensues. Dad is not happy about this but when he sees the boy dance, he crosses the picket line to get the money to send him to the London School of ballet. Billy gets in and the last scene is dad and older brother going to London to see him dance many years later. Touching and sometimes manipulating but very enjoyable and although I didn't think I would like the movie, I did. Sometimes, the actors speak in such heavy accents it's hard to tell what they are saying,but it held my interest all the way though.
3 stars out of 5

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking