Friday, September 29, 2006

Old Folks Show

Tomorrow night, gonna go down to Jefferson Barraks Park, stop by and see my brother's grave, then gonna go next door and take in an "old folks show" as I like to call it. My "friends" at Emmis Broadcasting have put on a fine ensemble of acts that ought to be decent...

Saw Firefall at the Uptown in KC about three years ago and they were quite good. I think there might be two original members, but they still sounded tight. I thought their first LP (with "Livin Aint Livin" and "Cinderella") was very tasty. Then they got mellow.

Craig Fuller and John David Reilly are back in PPL and I was always a fan of this band. I think their first two LPs hold up over time and are some of the sweetest recordings ever. "Boulder Skies" still kicks ass as well as "If The Shoe Fits". They have a new CD out so I am really looking forward to it.

See earlier post about these guys. There are only two original members here. I have no expectations about this but what the hey, it's supposed to be a nice night and the music is very reasonable. Had to buy the tickets with cash, the clerk at the record store said something to me to the effect of..."hey, after all the time YOU spent there, seems that they would trust you." Not quite. I can't even get an email or phone call returned. But, that's life and "I'm not gonna let it bother me tonight..."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking