Monday, October 02, 2006

"Go Crazy Folks, Go Crazy!!"


On Fox Sports Network tonight, they replayed the National League Championship game where Ozzie launched the home run heard round the world. I believe it was 21 years ago today and I know exactly where I was. This was the last time I danced with or saw the woman who up until that time was the love of my life. It was at my friends Rich and Lisa's wedding and she and I were in the wedding party. I danced with her at the reception. It was the last time I saw her. She looked at my girlfriend at the time and said she wasn't good enough for me. She later died in a car accident and after all this time, the smell of "White Shoulders" perfume takes me back to a place and time that seem a million light years from now. I still think of her and probably always will. Of course that year The Cardinals went on to the World Series and lost to the Royals.

1 comment:

Dave Morris said...

You know you're dating a girl who's too young for you when she says "who?" when you say Don Denkinger.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking