Saturday, October 28, 2006

Observations from the Series

Tim McCarver...shut up.

Tony La Russa has made the transformation complete to morphing into Corey Hart who wore his "Sunglasses At Night".

If you have a cell phone and you sit behind home plate, you get one free wave. Anymore than that and you look like an idiot.

Jim Leyland said he "smoked a carton of cigarettes" during the rain delay for game four. Hey Jim, that's 200 fags. It's probably not real good for you..

My favorite commercials would be...

The McGiver MasterCard commercial...
Coin collecting commercial from the US Mint...
The dude stuck in the shark tank commercial from Travellers
The Playstation 3 spot. Hell, I'm 50 and it almost made me want to go out and get one.

Sorry, John. I don't like your new song. Pretty simplistic and dumb. No matter how much airplay it gets, it will always make me think of a Chevy truck. From the East coast to the west coast..yadda yadda yadi.



The Magglio Ordonez afro was very cool. Reminded me of my hair style in high school. Or as my dad described it..."it's audubon hair, son". "Audubon hair?" "Yeah it audubon on a dog's ass."

Just my thoughts, though.

2 comments:

Melted Plastic said...

Beeker was on the Mupet show.
God Randy how could you not know that!

Dave Morris said...

Thoughts from the WS:

Fagglio Ordonez. 'Nuff said.

Put a limit on the number of times each of those commercials can air.

Any more people saying the Cardinals are the worst team to reach the WS will receive a burning bag of crap on their doorstep, personally delivered by yours truly. We had injuries all season, and big ones, people!

Joe Buck couldn't have possibly sounded less excited when we won the final game. That will be an audio clip that will play over and over through history - I'm a Buck fan, but he could have put a little something behind it.

That's all I got. Great job, Cardinals!!!

Blog Archive

Web Tracking