Wednesday, October 18, 2006

R. I. P. Christopher Glenn



I guess I am at the age where people that meant a lot to me in my career are starting to pass. Whether it's musicians that really spoke to me or people in my business that I wanted to emulate, most of them are older than me and so therefore are hitting the "autumn" of their life. I was saddened to hear about the death of Christopher Glenn. I wrote in an earlier post that it was a bummer to hear about his retirement and I wished him a long and happy time away from the biz. Unfortunately, he died of liver cancer yesterday. How many of us "boomers" listened to him tell us what was "In The News" in between Looney Tunes on Saturday morning. Even though I was older, I hung on every word and remember saying to myself that I wanted to sound like that. I never did. No one did.
Here's his obit from CBS news.
Thanks, Christopher from someone you never met.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking