Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sell Out


I started out really liking John Mellencamp. When I interviewed him in KC right after his debut release, he spent 45 minutes with me talking about cool stuff on the air. He even agreed to be a part of a promotion for one of our clients that was a motorcycle dealer. After "American Fool", I think he became one. I remember in 1986, while at KSHE, we took a group of winners to Dayton Ohio to see him. After the trip we all got together and found out that in each one of the pictures we took of him with various winners, he had his eyes closed. What was up with that? Why be so difficult? Those people loved you but afterwards had a real bad taste in their mouth. Well, now he has completely sold out. His new song is "My Country" and the debut of the song was Sunday on TV. It's in the new commercial for Chevy Trucks. How sad. The guy who gave us genius with songs like "Make Me Feel","Play Guitar","Ain't Even Done With The Night", "Rain On The Scarecrow" and "Cherry Bomb" now is a shill for Chevy trucks. Too bad. You'll never get another cent of mine.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking