Saturday, October 28, 2006

World Champion St. Louis Cardinals



Somewhere, up there is a long line of McNews (and Raleys)smiling because their beloved Cardinals have won the World Series. I come from previous generations of Cardinal fans. My mother and father spent their honeymoon at Sportsmen's Park in 1946



My sister and I would act as an antenna on the farm. We would have to touch the AM radio to pull in KMOX from St. Louis so my grandfather could listen to the game on those hot muggy nights in my youth.

On my first honeymoon, I drug my wife to the "big city" of St. Louis to see the Cardinals lose to Atlanta. I was full of awe and wonder.

Thanks, guys for an incredible ride this year, you were the highlight of my summer.
I know many other families whose Cardinal roots go back many generations.
(I didn't write about them during the series because I didn't want to jinx them. See? It worked.)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking