Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bob Seger

I get to meet Bob next week, really looking forward to seeing him live. Back in 1984, he rocked Kemper Arena to it's foundation with one of the best shows I have ever seen. The question remains, will we get this guy...

or this guy....


With that in mind, here are my top five Bob Seger songs:

"Till It Shines"..it wasn't a hit, but it should have been. Probably his best songwriting ever.
"Hollywood Nights"..he knows my life better than I do.
"Mainstreet"...may be his best story, very visual.
"Against The Wind"...Janey was lovely, she was the queen of my nights...amen, bro.
"Travellin Man/Beautiful Loser"..genius to put these two songs together.
"Roll Me Away"...let's ride
I am looking for a great show. however, when he was inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame, he looked and sounded bad. He is too much of a pro not to give his best, I will certainly let you know.

3 comments:

Dave Morris said...

Great list - Seger is truly an original, and a great. Wish I could see him live.

Anonymous said...

I saw him in KC at Kemper last Saturday night and he put on a great show. I thought they had his mic mixed a little low compared to the music, but all in all, a great show. You will enjoy it Randy.

Anonymous said...

Hey Randy, this is Brian from Raytown--we used to swap e-mails when you were at The Fox. Just wanted to add "Get Out of Denver" to your Seger list. I totally agree about "Mainstreet" too. Seger is one of three classic Rock acts I wish I could have seen live in concert during their prime--Queen and Black Oak Arkansas being the other two. Speaking of the latter, I paid tribute to them yesterday on my blog (HollandsComet.blogspot) if you care to check it out. Keep on rockin'!

Blog Archive

Web Tracking