Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Delicious Find



I have been buying hard to find CDs from my friend Tom Young at "Now Hear This" in Kirkwood for about 20 years now. In those two decades, he has found just about everything for me. I have him to thank for filling in the holes of my CD collection. One big hole was The Marc Tanner Band. The Marc Tanner Band was Marc Tanner on vocals and it featured a bunch of studio musicians like The Porcaro brothers from Toto, Richie Zito, David Paich, Steve Lukather, Bob Glaub along with others. I picked up "No Escape" yesterday after having him order it for me. Ahhhh! I haven't heard this in years. The only copy I had of this recording was on vinyl, although I did find "Elena" on Napster a few years ago, but the quality was not good. From the opening number "Never Again" to "She's So High" to "Elena", these are very catchy tunes, well done pop music. It sounds like Toto meets Hall and Oates. So, I am still finding things to plug into holes in my collection. This is on "Wounded Bird" Records a division of Rhino. Good old Rhino, they have done more for us collectors than anyone I know. If anyone knows of a studio version of "The Pit and The Pendulum" by Ross, let me know. Marc Tanner gets four stars out of five from judge Raley

3 comments:

Max said...

Tom can make you spend a lot of money. Haven't been in the store in a long time (and never have been to the Kirkwood location) but I always have wonderful memories of the guy and how he helped secure me a copy of the first Jethro Tull Box (UK edition) before it was out in the states. The guy even let me pay him in installments for the thing :).

Max...

Anonymous said...

Great tunes. MT recently produced a big Top-40 hit for a band called The Calling, "Wherever You Will Go".

Anonymous said...

One of my all-time fave albums from "way back then." I didn't know it was on CD until I read your blog entry.

I ordered a copy five minutes later. Can't wait to hear this thing!

Blog Archive

Web Tracking