Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Major Bloodlettings Everywhere



Wilks Broadcasting in Kansas City (who bought the CBS stations) let 19 people go this week. Included were some friends of mine. Clear Channel in St. Louis let a bunch of people go a couple of weeks ago. This is a precarious business at this time. I had to move 300 miles away to find work. People have wondered how in the world I could do that but I can tell you that my father once told me that "you have to go where the work is". I know at least five people who would trade places with me in a heartbeat. I promise to never take this job for granted and to always do a break like it was the last one I would ever do. (Hell, it may be.)
May God bless my unemployed friends, especially my friend Brad, who's wife lost her job of 24 years the same day he lost his. I am lucky, I had to move but I still have a gig.
So for my friends Katey, Michelle, Kent (love ya bro), Jay, Vic, Trish, Mandy, Rob, Brad and anyone I have left out, I promise you, I will do the best I can to make you all proud of me. I'm lucky and I know it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's a little extreme to
use this as a way to appreciate
what we have , but it's the truth .

http://stevequayle.com/News.alert/06_Photo_of_Day/061207.photo.of.day.html

RR said...

Amen, verily, I say!

Blog Archive

Web Tracking