Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Junk


This past Monday, I got gas at exit 89 at Oak Grove Kentucky for $1.81 a gallon. Gas in Nashville is at $2.15; in St. Louis it's $1.89. It will be at $3.00 this summer (or more). You know it will.


I love potato chips and I don't eat them much, but when I make a turkey and cheese or tuna salad sandwich, I gotta have my chips. Lay's Classic, specifically. Although a fine chip is a fine chip, I do miss having the slightly less than perfect chips in the bag. You know, the brown ones. You never see them anymore. All the chips are perfect. The brown ones were my favorite, something else I got from my older brother.I grew up with "Kitty Clover" Potato Chips and I know Chicago had "Jay's".

"Charles Chips" were popular, too.

Like anything else, it seems that once all chips were in the same hands, they lost their "flavor". Bring back brown chips.
BTW, I don't do anything kinky tastewise with chips other than "bar-b-q" once in a while, that's as far as I'll go. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with people experimenting with SourCream or whatever, that's just not what I'm into.

Although, I will admit to having a "Kruncher" once in a while, but only in private.


I am still a Letterman guy. Yeah, he is not the Dave of old, but I just can't handle Jay. He just rubs me the wrong way. Jay is a smug smart ass, while Dave is just a smart ass. I think Dave has a better band, too.



Tonight he has two of my favotite women on the show.

Rosanne Cash did "Seven Year Ache" about twenty five years ago and that song is still on my Ipod.

ROSEANNE CASH
Seven Year Ache

You act like you were just born tonight
Face down in a memory but feeling all right
So who does your past belong to today?
Baby, you don't say nothing when you're feeling this way

The girls in the bars thinking, "who is this guy?"
But they don't think nothing when they're telling you lies
You look so careless when they're shooting that bull
Don't you know heartaches are heroes when their pockets are full

Tell me you're trying to cure a seven-year ache
See what else your old heart can take
The boys say, "when is he gonna give us some room"
The girls say, "god I hope he comes back soon"

Everybody's talking but you don't hear a thing
You're still uptown on your downhill swing
Boulevard's empty, why don't you come around?
Baby, what is so great about sleeping downtown?

Splitting your dice to be someone you're not
You say you're looking for something you might've forgot
Don't bother calling to say you're leaving alone
'Cause there's a fool on every corner when you're trying to get home

Just tell 'em you're trying to cure a seven-year ache
See what else your old heart can take
The boys say, "when is he gonna give us some room"
The girls say, "god I hope he comes back soon"

She is Johnny's daughter which automatically moved her to the top of my list.

Mandy Moore is one of the hottest young women around. I saw her on the cover of a magazine a couple of years ago and had to look at the magazine closely just to know you she was.
Mandy Moore

Which leads me to....

I went to see CATS on stage at the TPAC on Friday night and had a great time after the show. I am not great fan of the show, but it was performed well. At the post performance reception, I met with the cast. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was like I was talking to my son's friends. They were all so young, and they all called me "sir"...

BUMMER

1 comment:

Dave Morris said...

MMmmmmm... the brown chips. I miss 'em too.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking