Saturday, January 20, 2007

Movie Review "The Good Shepherd"


No, no , not THAT Good Shepherd, THIS one....


Basically, the story of the guy who "founded" the CIA and his distance from everyone in his life. Matt Damon has never been better and his performance made me think twice about his career. Angelina Jolie, while one of the world's most beautiful women, was miscast in this movie. Maybe it's me, but I don't believe that she can transport those looks back 50 years. It works on the rest of the cast, but she looks too "modern". She has a modern look about her and I don't think all of the wardrobes or make up will change it. Other than that, excellent story, great acting and awesome direction by Robert DeNiro. The ending is a twist that you can see coming, but only if you are looking in that direction. A three hour movie that went by in 20 minutes. I like those. Loved the woman who played "Laura". I need to find out who that was. 4.5 popcorns out of five.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking