Monday, January 01, 2007

Movie Review times two

New Year's Eve (and Day) are always good for getting caught up on the movie watching. Here are some recommendations:

"LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE"
Loved it. That's about it. I thought it was funny, touching and the ending came from left field. I can really appreciate the characters in this movie and could feel the frustration of Greg Kinnear as he tries so very hard to keep it all together for the love of his family while chasing his own dream. All of the characters were well done. Alan Arkin was superb, Steve Carrell was understated in a role that gave me a new appreciation for what he has done. The family (especially Olive) were put together with a lot of thought and care. The ending was a total surprise but with Alan Arkin's character, not to be unexpected. It kept my attention and I laughed out loud at a couple of the scenes (not easy for me to do). An excellent movie and maybe one of the best I have seen this year.
4.25 popcorns out of five.

AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH
I am probably what most conservatives would call a "liberal". I don't see myself that way, although, I do tend to gravitate a little left of center...but don't get me started on how we have fucked Mother Earth so many times. If half the shit in this movie is true my daughter's generation will hate us till the day they die. And with good reason. We haven't been "caretakers", we have been serious abusers of this planet. I grew up on farm and it is there that I discovered a need to leave this Earth in better shape than we found it. Good luck with that. Why oh why didn't we see THIS Al Gore during the 2000 election? Witty, funny at some times and downright on target with his message. Kids, look around, if we don't regain some form of "conservation", the human race is done. It's that simple. An excellent movie well done with an excellent message. Four popcorns out of five

3 comments:

karlene's mom said...

I agree. Al needed to show this side of him and this passion for our planet when he ran for president. He would have won... wait, he DID WIN, right? Yeah... don't get me started on that mess in FL! :-)

Anonymous said...

I thought the exact same thing - where was THIS Al Gore during the 2000 elections? I heard on some news program that he was considering running again after all. We'll see ... he'd definitely have my vote!

Anonymous said...

To add one more thing to this topic - there is a grassroots movement now toward recycling "things" from other people rather than buying new to conserve our natural resources. Websites to check out are www.freecycle.org and www.garbagescout.com. Hope you have a very Happy New Year Randy!

Blog Archive

Web Tracking