Sunday, February 04, 2007

Junk Between My Ears


Tonight, we are entertaing a monk from England. Father Rod has only been to the US one other time to do a retreat just south of San Francisco (not a bad deal at all). I met with him last night at the annual school fund raiser. Seems like a nice chap but was completely unprepared to experience single digit temperatures. "It certainly takes your breath away", he said last night. It certainly does, father. I like to call it "refreshing". He seems to get the Superbowl thing, after all, you really can't get any more rabid fans than the Brits. I tried to explain as much as I could about Superbowl Sunday, but he will get here at four, so we will have to chat then.

My prediction: Colts 23 Bears 21. Sorry, Coop. I think it's Peyton's year. So, lay your bets on the Bears.

Speaking of bets, Billy Joel was talking this week about how he is placing a bet on the length of the National Anthem. Seems there is a bet for that. He said that the over/under on the length of the Anthem is 97 seconds. Billy also said he can do it in 87 seconds and will bet accordingly. So, will he place that bet or just force eveyone else to place that bet and then he gets more for coming in over? That will be interesting. I will try and remember to time it.



I was looking at my friend Cooper's blog and he has posted a survey that says that many Americans think 2007 is the year we make contact. When I was a young man growing up on the farm, my bedroom faced the southwestern sky, and I had a wide, panoramic view of the stars. Being in the middle of nowhere, on certain nights, you could see literally thousands of stars, very clearly. With the aid of a telescope, a guy could spend hours and hours plotting the stars and just looking. One winter night when I was 12, the sky was especially full of stars. I noticed someting wasn't quite right. In the lower left hand sky, three very bright lights had congregated and they were pulsating. After looking at them for about 5 minutes, I pissed my pants when they all took off in different directions. I literally thought I was having a heart attack. At twelve. I, obviously, have never forgotten that and I never will. What does it mean? I am not sure. All I know is that may life was different after that.

MORE SUPERBOWL STUFF...who's gonna show you this stuff? ME!



The Top 10 Scandals in Superbowl History. According to RADAR.



No..no, not these guys. If they ever did a movie about these guys, they would call it "Punters and Kickers Gone Wild" and that's the name of the article...funny, I thought I heard it somewhere else.


The guys at "Cracked" magazine have done it again. Here's a list of the "wussiest" Superbowl halftime performances. Pretty funny.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking