Sunday, February 04, 2007

Leaving...



I can't believe the time is coming as quickly as it is. I almost get a panic attack when I think my baby is getting ready to walk out the door to college. About 5 months is it. The routine of preparing for this event is breaking my heart. Forms to fill out, money to be sent and the transition to an empty nester makes me wonder where the time has went. It's incredible how fast it's going and how it continually spins faster and faster, like a carnival ride that makes you want to throw up...literally. I'm dizzy and I want to get off. But.I.can't. All of her "used to be little" friends are going all over the country. From USC to Clemson to Temple, they are breaking up that little gang of theirs. I am witnessing what we all learned in watching "The Lion King". It IS the cycle of life. But, for brief shining moment, I'd like to return to her being in fifth grade and Dad still being cool. A moment in time never to be realized..in this lifetime, anyway, maybe again in the next. I can only pray.

1 comment:

Suzapalooza said...

Hey Randy - My oldest leaves for college in the fall, too. Funny I don't remember all of this paperwork when I went to college. While I've still got 3 at home, I'm completely wigged out. I hear ya! I remember when she was driving a PowerWheels around the front yard and begging for Beanie Babies at the mall. Now it's cheer camp, and which major? and more. Yikes...

Blog Archive

Web Tracking