Wednesday, February 28, 2007

R I P Billy Thorpe



Well, how sad is this...I have played 'Children Of The Sun' a thousand times. When I was in the Quad Cities at WXLP, I played that song. When I got to KY 102 in Kansas City, I played that song in heavy rotation. At KSHE, it was a KSHE classic.



Another great song by Billy is a song called 'In My Room' that made the cut to my Ipod.

Apparently, he was huge in his home country of Australia. Here is the TV report from 2/27.

Here is a cool video for 'Children of the Sun'. I haven't heard the song in a while and the memories were vivid. Younger days.


His official website is here.

According to Wikipedia, he returned to Australia and captured a 'rock legend' status, a sort of father figure, and apparently Oz is crushed.

1 comment:

Dave Morris said...

Randy, this sounds like a meal fit for a king!

I'm in Nashburg this week, email me at dave (at) morrisvoiceovers (dot) com...

Blog Archive

Web Tracking