Wednesday, March 07, 2007

City Skylines

Growing up where I did, I can assure you that Ava Missouri did not have a memorable skyline. A nice square, for sure, but no building over four stories. The Quad Cities had a small one, but the problem here is which figuring out which city supplies the skyline...Rock Island...Davenport..etc. I have always been fascinated with skylines. My older brother had a game when we were kids that allowed you to build your own skyline, and if I remember right the game was called 'Skyline'. Oddly enough.


Nashville has a beautiful skyline..dominated by the Bell South er..eh..I mean the Batman tower...


When I first moved to KC, I remember driving in my UHaul and being awed at the sight I saw coming from I-35.


And really, this is a breathtaking sight. Coming in every Friday night, I look forward to seeing St. Louis' skyline from about 4 miles away.




In someone's list of the top 15 skylines in the world, this is number 15.
This would be Guangzou China, It aint no KC that's for sure.

1 comment:

Brian Holland said...

All of the above are excellent choices, but allow me to submit the city of Pittsburgh, PA and its underrated skyline. The common misconception about the Steel City is that it's all smokestacks and steel mills. Guess again--grab yourself a seat in the upper deck, 3rd base side at PNC Park and take a gander...

Blog Archive

Web Tracking