Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Couple Of Things...



Marshall Faulk retired from football yesterday. A lot of people in this town are calling him a hero. He has 6 kids from three different women and didn't marry any of them. I understand why he must work. I live in a glass house here, but man...six kids? I must admit I thought less of him afetr hearing that and I liked him very much as a player
*********************************************************************************
It's pretty much a blur getting into a new gig. It's like the first day of school and all of your teachers give you five page essays to write. I live in the suburbs, I drive downtown and home every rush hour. It is really cool, though to look out the window at the arch. I think for the most part it's a good bunch of people there and I am excited to get a routine down.
*********************************************************************************
I played basketball Monday night and then again yesterday morning. I will play tomorrow morning and Friday night. I couldn't wait. Exercise is so addicting.
.................................................................................
Since the team I picked to win it all is out (Kansas), I think Florida will take it all. Just too much of a team, big guys and shooters. Tough combination.

1 comment:

Brian Holland said...

That’s disappointing to hear about Faulk’s “spreading the love”, if you will. I’ve always liked him as a player too. This mirrors the situation with the late Derrick Thomas, whom I also admired as a player, but whom I lost a ton of respect for when I heard about him fathering seven kids with five different mothers, and not marrying any of them. Pretty damn irresponsible, in my eyes, yet everyone practically made him a saint around here when he died. We were also supposed to feel for D.T. because he lost his father in Vietnam at a very young age, yet he was hardly around for any of his own kids. Can you say hypocrisy”?

Blog Archive

Web Tracking