Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Entertainment on my Birthday


This is Poco. Without a doubt one of my favorite bands. They played "Rose of Cimarron", "Heart of The Night" and "Indian Summer". HappyfriggingBirthday to me!! I sang along at the top of my lungs. That's how Bonnie Bramlett(see earlier post) met. She thought it was cool that I loved the music so much.


The headliners Pure Prairie League. I have been with this band since "Bustin Out" and know their history. Vince Gill was in the band for awhile and gave them a number one song "Let Me Love You Tonight". I had just seen these guys this summer at the Jefferson Barracks Bash that Emmis Broadcasting put on(see earlier post). Still excellent with Craig Fuller back in the band.

After they played, Lonnie Mack and Bonnie Bramlett tore the place up with rendition of "Tennesse Jail" that just kicked ass.

5 comments:

Brian Holland said...

Happy belated b-day, Randy! So you're a Pisces, huh? Seems kinda fishy to me...

Anonymous said...

I didn't think Poco or PPL were still around. Are these the original guys? (Hoping so but thinking probably not ...)

RR said...

Aquarian, actually.

Two guys from PPL, two most important guys in Poco Paul Cotton, Rusty Young.

Dave Morris said...

First, happy birthday. Second, Poco's Legend album is my all-time favorite. Heart of the Night is a priceless piece of music. Glad you had a happy BD.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Randy !

I've seen PPL several times in the last few years, excellent shows ! They still have the energy, outstanding musicianship and songwriting. Craig Fuller and Mike Reilly lead the way along with Curtis Wright, Fats Kaplin and Rick Schell.Their new CD, All In Good Time,is great,very well received by fans and critics, it was one of the most requested CD's on satellite radio for 3 months.And all this with no ads or publicity simply word of mouth from fans. The show you were at also had co-founder John David Call on pedal steel, one of the greats.Mike's on the road to recovery hopefully it will go smoothly.

Have a good one.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking