Friday, March 30, 2007

Not So Fast, Broadcasting Breath



Part of my training at KMOX is to sit in with the hosts throughout the first few weeks of the deal. It is supposed to provide me the chance to see them work. Today was my day with Charlie Brennan. Charlie's a good guy, very involved in the community and a great team player. We have a few mutual friends and it's all good. As I was walking down the narrow hall at KMOX, Charlie popped out of the studio and informed me that his guest was late and asked me if I had I done anything really stupid in high school or college? Duh! I told him about a couple of things and he said to me "Good, you're my guest." We started talking on the air about Spike Odell, a high school friend of mine from East Moline. I worked with Spike at the International Harvester Farmall plant. He was the security guard and I was a grinder. Spike has made it really big. We then talked about how some guys I knew burned down the frat hall in an unamed city. Streaking while on motorcycles (bugs hurt). I was then followed on the air by a personal trainer and her boyfriend that ate a ten pound Pointer's pizza in one hour and won 500 dollars. After winning the prize, they both threw up in a barrel right in front of paying customers. Now, I love radio like that!
SOOOOO.....the last day on the air ever was NOT last Friday night as we thought...but mysteriously, today. The last day of my career was today on KMOX. Can't top that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think there is no last day , only
time between gigs , for all of us . Hey maybe eventually to save money all AE's will have to VT a shift and then your all set :)

Blog Archive

Web Tracking