Saturday, April 14, 2007

COOL DEAL!

My accountant and I were discussing music while I was over filing my taxes and the discussion got to the Ipod. He was fascinated by the idea but had yet to purchase one. I told him that I had an early 15GB model and I didn't have enough room to put ALL of the songs I wanted on it but I got most of them. He then asked me if we could barter the cost of the taxes. If he went and bought an 80GB Ipod, would I put MY collection on his Ipod? He'd then do my taxes for free. Well, what an interesting concept, loading whatever I want with no restrictions on time, MY own personal radio station for someone else to hear, everything from The Beatles, everything from Bruce, everything from Frank Sinatra, everything from John Fogerty (solo and CCR), Steve Goodman, John Prine and Bonnie Raitt would be the obvious place to start. This is very interesting.



While loading stuff that didn't make the first cut, I stumbled upon what I consider THE best band of the "new wave" music era. The Fixx was a band that came out of the chute with "Stand or Fall" and "Red Skies", two songs that I thought were exceptional from the first album "Shuttered Room". The Fixx also had a great song in one of my favorite movies ever "Streets of Fire". "Deeper and Deeper" was featured over the ending credits. With that in mind, here are my five favorite Fixx songs:

1. "Secret Separation"- I was going through a bad time when this song came out. With the lyrics.."you touched my heart so deeply, you rescued me, now free me." nailed exactly where I was at that time.
2. "Red Skies", what a great song, a great rock tune and it sounded great on the radio.
3. "One Thing Leads To Another"- I have an 8 minute version that just rocks the dance floor
4. "Deeper and Deeper"-this was the perfect song to end that movie. Six minutes of killer 80s rock
5. "Stand or Fall"-I remember the first time I played this new song from this new band. It stood head and shoulders over the Flock of Seagulls crap that had dominated radio at that time.

According to their website, the original five guys are still playing. Very good, I hope they come around here.

My Itunes just segued Joe Walsh To Dave Brubeck to Al Stweart to Roy Orbison.
This oughtta be a cool list.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking