Friday, April 27, 2007

Oops! I Did It Again



I went to see my friend Tom from "Now Hear This" in downtown Kirkwood the other day. I have been shopping at Tom's since I found out about 20 years ago that the guy could get anything from anywhwre. I think my first purchase was a "Barclay James Harvest" release. We have developed a great friendship, too. I told him th eother day that his record store had become the old town barbershop; where guys when they have a break in their day, go looking in his store for something cool.



Anyway, he turned me on to the newest stuff which included the 5.1 Surround Sound version of two of the top ten albums that got me through high school. That would be "Every Good Boy Deserves Favour" and "Seventh Sojourn" by the Moody Blues. So, I have purchased the album, eight track, cassette, CD, MFSL version CD, and now the 5.1 surround sound version. Enough! I am waiting for the brain chip. It's gotta be coming soon. It does sound glorious.

1 comment:

Brian Holland said...

Your pursuit of Moody Blues music is a worthy one. With my new stereo a couple weeks back, I finally picked up the missing links in my Moodies CD collection, 'On The Threshold Of A Dream' and 'To Our Children's Children's Children', and I found both to be VERY underrated records. Neither of them were chock-full of hits, per se, but they were great albums, nonetheless. Why the filth-flarn-filth aren't these guys in the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame?!?

Blog Archive

Web Tracking