Friday, May 25, 2007

Lint Up My Butt

A couple of news items lately has made me wonder what the hell is going on? No, I'm not talking about the Rosie/Elizabeth bitch slap-off that is going to drive ratings through the roof but these two stories...

A 60 year old woman has given birth to twins. No, granted, she dosen't look 60, but my point is this. My dad was 50 when I was brought into the world and 53 when my sister was. Do you honestly think a 67 year old man can even closely identify with what a 17 is thinking, feeling or can relate in anyway what so ever? When my dad was 17 it was 1924!!!!! Aside from all of that, when these kids graduate from high school, mom will be 78. How fucking selfish can you be? Think about the kids, please. This woman lives in a free society, she can do what she wants, but I think this is pure unadulterated selfishness. Good luck with that, I hope it works.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Josh Hancock's father has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Mike Shannon's, the tow truck driver AND the person who's car broke down on the highway. How ridiculous this seems to me. I have no idea what it is like to lose a child and I hope and pray to God that I will never know. The sympathy that I had for the family has just evaporated into the wind. First off, you sue these people but NOT the Cardinals? Now, these poor saps will have to spend their life savings hiring attorneys (no one knows how costly that can be on the finanaces any more than I) and spending countless days testifying on their behalf. Josh killed Josh. As I said before, he was drunk, speeding, talking on the cell phone and not paying attention. There were no skidmarks, he didn't even see it coming. I wonder how the family is going to feel when the most intimate details of Josh's life will be paraded non stop on ESPN, the local media and everywhere else. Josh Hancock was a good ol' boy from Mississippi who liked to live life on the edge...and it got him. No one else. In fact, it has been quoted that the people at Shannon's tried to call him a cab, but he refused. This movie will not end well.

2 comments:

Brian Holland said...

Seems that you and I are of a like mind on this subject, but you were a whole lot kinder here about it than I was last night on my blog! Then again, being the hypocrisy pointer-outer that I am, I just couldn't resist...

Anonymous said...

AND he was talking to a stripper.....at the time of the accident.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking